Calendar Event Hashtags
What you'll learn
If your Google Calendar is connected to RescueTime, then you can add a hashtag in your calendar event's title or description to tell RescueTime to recognize those events. There are three actions the calendar hashtags can trigger:
- Scheduling a Focus Session
- Identifying when an event is a Meeting*
- Identifying when an event is not a Meeting*
#focustime, #focus, #focussession, #work session, #work
These hashtags schedule an automatic Focus Session.
- During this event, RescueTime reports all of your activities
- If this event is outside of your scheduled work hours, the following will occur:
- RescueTime reports all of your activities
- The Assistant recognizes the change and stays in work mode for the duration of the event. The “available to work” header time stamp changes to reflect the end of the session.
This hashtag allows you to tag a single-invitee event (just you) to be recognized and reported as a meeting.
- During this event, RescueTime does not report any activities, aside from reporting the meeting itself.
- If #meeting is scheduled outside of your work schedule, activities during that event are not reported, but the block of meeting time is reported as a scheduled meeting.
This hashtag allows you to tag a multi-invitee event as not a meeting so RescueTime does NOT report it as a meeting.