How can I reset my RescueTime application configuration?
Resetting your configuration will ensure that you have the correct RescueTime account (email address) connected to the RescueTime Assistant. You will be prompted to enter your RescueTime email and password.
- Click the RescueTime icon and open the Assistant. On MacOS, you'll find the icon in the top menu bar, and on Windows in the system tray on the bottom-right corner.
- Click the gear icon and choose Settings.
- Click the Troubleshooting button in the General tab.
* Please note—if you don't see this screen, update to the latest version of RescueTime. This applies to version 188.8.131.52+.
- Click the Open Diagnostics button on MacOS and Diagnostics button on Windows.
- Click the Reset Configuration button.
- You'll be asked to confirm this option. Click OK.
- You will be prompted to sign in from the Assistant. Click the Sign in button, which will take you to the RescueTime website to sign in.
* Please note—if you are not prompted to sign in from the Assistant, click the gear icon > Quit RescueTime > restart the Assistant
- After signing in to the website click Activate Assistant. This will connect your web account to the RescueTime Assistant.