Turn on or off automatic start-up
If you want RescueTime to automatically start up when you turn on your computer (one less thing you have to remember to do), then we share details below on how to get this fired up on Windows and Mac.
During the RescueTime install process you'll have the option to start RescueTime automatically when you start up your computer. Please follow the steps below.
1. Click Windows+R to open the Run window
2. Type “ shell:startup” into the Open box
3. Click OK
4. This creates a shortcut to RescueTime inside the Startup folder
5. The RescueTime app will now automatically open when you start up your computer
6. To turn off automatic start-up
Open Task Manager from the Start menu or click CTRL + ALT + DELETE simultaneously > Click the Startup tab > Search for RescueTime > Click the Disable button
During the RescueTime install process you'll be asked to start RescueTime automatically when you start up your computer. If you missed this option then not to worry. There is another way.
- Go to your System Settings
- Click on General > Login Items
- Click the "+" button and search for the RescueTime folder > click the Open button
- The RescueTime app will now automatically open when you start up your computer.
- To turn off automatic start-up
Click on the RescueTime app and hit the "-" button